Who we are
We are representatives of the businesses, groups and organisations that operate within the tourism community in Angus. We provide the services that visitors to the area need. We work at the attractions and in the restaurants, accommodations and shops that provide service to visitors and locals in Angus. We have a vested interest in the success of tourism. If tourism flourishes, our businesses and communities flourish.
A thriving membership organisation working together for the benefit of tourism in Angus
The purpose of the Cooperative is to work collaboratively to improve the tourism offer in Angus and to promote the area as a visitor destination in particular through:
- Industry Leadership – Providing an informed and influential voice for Angus tourism at a regional and national level. Encouraging and supporting individuals to undertake leadership roles ensuring continued growth and increased capabilities of the members to support tourism
- Enabling networking and peer support – Creating and facilitating regular events and other opportunities for members to connect and engage in business support
- Collaboration and engagement – Foster and nurture opportunities for members to work together on activities that enhance our members products and services.
- Contribute to and support the delivery of the Angus Tourism Strategy – Members work in partnership with stakeholders to develop and lead on the contribution to working groups in the delivery of the strategy and plan
- Inspiring innovation and business growth – Sharing and showcasing examples and stories of success to develop Angus tourism
ChairMurton Farm Trust
- Manager at Murton Trust
- ATC Chair
- Project partner in the EU Leader Angus project ‘Flourishing Destinations’.
- ATC Lead in the Tay Cities Tourism Strategy Group
- ATC representative on the Marketing and Pride in Place Groups (Angus Tourism Framework)
Vice ChairHospitalfield House
- General Manager of Hospitalfield House
- ATC Vice Chair
- ATC Lead on the Pride in Place Working Group
Ann-Marie BlackBlacks Coaches
- Ann-Marie is co-owner and manager of Blacks of Brechin
- Represents the ATC in the EU Leader Angus project ‘Flourishing Destinations’.
Louise NicollNewton Farm Holidays
- Owner of Newton Farm Holidays and Farm Tours
- ATC Co – Lead for Dog Friendly Angus & Dundee.
- ATC Lead on Product and Experience Development (Angus Tourism Framework)
- ATC representative on the Scottish Tourism Alliance Destination Forum Group
- Business Development for VisitDundee
- Secretary of Dundee & Angus Visitor Accommodation Association (DAVAA)
Helen BuchananGlamis Castle
- General Manager at Glamis Castle.
Kelly Ann DempseyWild Angus
- Owner of Wild Angus
- ATC Lead on Angus Outdoors
Martin BeardParkhill Rare Breeds Farm
- Owner of Parkhill Rare Breeds Farm
- ATC Lead on Appetite 4 Angus
Norma joins ATC as our development worker with a broad range of experience in the tourism sector. A former Director of ATC and a delivery partner on the AngusLEADER Flouishing Destinations project, her special interests include rural and community led tourism and local food and drink. She is a founder member of the Appetite4Angus food and drink network, joint lead in the Pride of Place group and a member of Brechin Community Led Tourism group. She has experience of running her own business, business and project management and managing a portfolio of holiday cottages. She has a passion and enthusiasm for living, working; and exploring in Angus.
Nick is the Membership Coordinator for the Angus Tourism Cooperative. He is a 2020 graduate from Robert Gordon University, where he studied International Tourism Management.
He is really excited to be part of the development of the Tourism industry within Angus and Scotland, and to connect with local businesses.
Food & Drink CoordinatorAppetite for Angus
Sophie Thompson is the Food and Drink Coordinator for Appetite for Angus. Sophie brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from her previous role as Development Worker at Murton Trust for Education and the Environment.
She is passionate about Angus and dedicated to promoting it as a Food and Drink destination of choice.
Partners working with the ATC
Caroline Warburton is VisitScotland’s Regional Leadership Director for the East of Scotland which comprises Fife, Perthshire, Dundee, Angus, Aberdeen City & Shire and Moray. Caroline’s role is to oversee VisitScotland’s strategic engagement for the region and with direct responsibility for Fife, Perthshire, Dundee and Angus. Caroline joined VisitScotland in April 2018 from the Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) where she was responsible for coordinating the national tourism strategy, Tourism Scotland 2020. Prior to being at the STA, Caroline ran Wild Scotland, Scotland’s wildlife and adventure tourism association bringing the sector together to raise its profile nationally and internationally. Caroline sits in on our Board meetings every quarter and provides valuable industry support on a regular basis that helps keep the ATC aware of developments within tourism, both regionally and nationally.